- Each fall, RACAR publishes a special issue entirely dedicated to a specific theme. Recent issues have focused on Critical Curating (2018), Indigenous art (2017), Evolving Conceptions of Naturalism (2016), and Design Studies in Canada (2015).
- The proposal must include a presentation of the chosen theme and a reasoned justification for an issue dedicated to it, as well as a list of proposed contributors (if known—some submissions will also come via the call for papers as per our mandate to serve all UAAC members and to make RACAR known internationally). The proposal should also include abstracts of the essays by known contributors (if there are), as well as the CVs of those submitting the proposal.
- Since RACAR is a bilingual journal, we encourage proposals submitted by bilingual teams of two or three people, with at least one of the members of the team having some editorial experience.
- Please send your proposal to the managing editor at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- The decision regarding special issues is taken by the RACAR editorial team, with the input of its editorial board, in the fall.
- The deadline for submitting a proposal is October 1st.
Previous special issues
Vol. 43, no. 2 (2018) What is Critical Curating? | Qu’est-ce que le commissariat engagé?
Guest editors | Rédactrices invitées: Marie Fraser, Alice Ming Wai Jim
Vol. 42, no. 2 (2017) Continuities Between Eras: Indigenous Art Histories | Continuité entre les époques. Histoires des arts autochtones
Guest Editors / Rédactrices invitées : Heather Igloliorte & Carla Taunton