- Each fall, RACAR publishes a special, guest-edited issue entirely dedicated to a specific theme. Recent issue topics have included New Perspectives on the Domestic Interior (2020), The Past, Present, and Practice of the Tableau Vivant (2019), Critical Curating (2018), Indigenous Art (2017), Evolving Conceptions of Naturalism (2016), and Design Studies in Canada (2015).
- The proposal must include a presentation of the chosen theme and a reasoned justification for an issue dedicated to it, as well as a list of proposed contributors (if known—some submissions will also come via the call for papers as per our mandate to serve all UAAC members and to make RACAR known internationally). The proposal should also include abstracts of the essays by known contributors (if there are any), as well as the CVs of those submitting the proposal.
- Since RACAR is a bilingual journal, we encourage proposals submitted by bilingual teams of two or three people, with at least one of the members of the team having some editorial experience.
- Please send your proposal to the managing editor at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- The decision regarding special issues is taken by the RACAR editorial team, with the input of its editorial board.
- The deadline to submit proposals for a thematic issue to be published in fall 2023 is June 1, 2021.
Forthcoming special issues
- 2021: “Revised Commemoration” in Public Art: What Future for the Monument? | État des lieux de la « commémoration corrigée » en art public : Quel avenir pour le monument ?
- 2022: salt. For the preservation of Black diasporic visual histories | salt. Pour la préservation des récits historiques visuels de la diaspora noire
Previous special issues
Vol. 45, no. 2 (2020) Approaching Home : New Perspectives on the Domestic Interior | Vers la maison : nouvelles perspectives sur l’intérieur domestique
Guest editors | Rédactrice et rédacteur invité·es : Erin J. Campbell, Olivier Vallerand
Vol. 44, no. 2 (2019) Stay Still : Past, Present, and Practice of the Tableau Vivant | Stay Still : histoire, actualité et pratique du tableau vivant
Guest Editors / Rédactrices invitées : Mélanie Boucher, Ersy Contogouris